Friday, August 10, 2012

Rays GM Regretful for Off-season

Going into the off-season, the Rays future looked very bright, now not so much.

Day after day it seemed like we were looking at the paper and seeing the Rays trade a top prospect away for nothing almost.  Than, turning around and trading the player they got in that trade for nothing.  Rays fans you aren't the only one disappointed with the gm.

"I'm ashamed of myself during this off-season," kirby said when asked on the moves.  "This team deserves better, this ownership group deserves better, this league deserves better, and you fans deserve better.  I don't know how many times I thought about stepping down this off-season as the gm.  I just kept telling myself that these are my mistakes and I have to see them through.  Now we have to start trading away some of these young talented guys in the majors just to rebuild the future.  It will be tough, but I believe we will get it back to what it was before the off-season."

The Rays do still have the number one pick in the draft which will go a long way in finding that top prospect to rebuild the farm system.

"That's what we're working on now," kirby said.  "We're scouting players and seeing which one is the best fit for us."

Keep checking back for updates on the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment