Friday, June 22, 2012

Long Time Ray Won't Be Back

Plenty of changes are on the horizon and the first of those many changes was announced this afternoon.

Long time Rays starting pitcher Rafael Fimbrez will not be back with the team next season the team announced this morning. Fimbrez was drafted in the first round of the 2021 draft (7th overall).

"I'm looking forward to a fresh start. I'm upset that it didn't work out here with this organization, but I thank them for giving me many opportunities to have success at this level," said Fimbrez.

"I would love to come back to this organization in the future, but for now I have to look forward to the free agent process and talk to my agent. I want the best fit for me and I want to be happy."

The Rays will receive a pick from the team who signs Fimbrez.

Also in other news, first baseman John Bremer will stay with the Rays for three more seasons after signing a three year contract this morning. He will get 2.1 million per season.

No comments:

Post a Comment